Cedar House Financial Services
Cedar House Financial Services is based in Oakwood. We are Chartered Financial Planners and Independent Financial Advisers. We are a family business, established by Richard Kafton in 1986. Over twenty five years later Richard remains our Managing Director; our team has grown and we are still helping local people to plan and achieve their personal and business financial goals.
With nearly three decades of experience, we have seen many changes in financial services; the advent of new technology to help us manage our clients financial affairs; as well as the peaks and troughs of numerous financial cycles. Whilst these trends have resulted in a sharp fall in the number of independent financial advisers, we have continued to grow.
We think that this is because of the quality of service we provide to our clients:
* Our independence and knowledge of the entire marketplace.
* Our personal service and attention to detail.
* Many of our clients have been with CHFS for a number of years. It is not uncommon for us to work with more than three generations of the same family and also to have been introduced to their friends and associates.
* Our longstanding relationships means that we are able to help our clients to keep abreast of changes in legislation and market conditions, which might have an impact on their financial security.Should circumstances change, we are well placed to act quickly; to help to increase our clients' security in an increasingly uncertain world.
Here is a summary of the key services that we would be able to offer to you.
CHFS Retirement Planning
* Planning for retirement is a major part of our service to our clients. Planning for your retirement needs careful consideration, even when you are in your 20s, 30s and 40s and it is decades away. Whatever lifestage you are at, none of us know how long a period of retirement we will have to fund. The earlier you start, the better. Putting aside even a small sum in your early working years can provide a worthwhile sum of money when you do stop working.
* The world of work is changing, with more people in self-employment, who often find that without employer contributions and a regularly salary, it can be even more difficult to plan for retirement. Don't have sleepless nights, please come and talk to us.
* For people in their 50s and 60s, the government's radical overhaul of pension legislation which comes into effect in 2015 gives people more flexibility on how they invest their pension pot and the opportunity to bequeath their residual penion pot to their beneficiaries when they pass away.
* For people wo have retired, we also stress how important it is to measure market performance but also to ensure that pension provision still reflects our client's changing needs as they age. This includes inheritance tax planning and the provision of long term care.
Whilst we welcome these changes, we also recognise that de-regulation is not without risks. As a result, it is becoming even more important for people to review retirement options on a regular basis, even if they are not planning to retire for a number of years.
CHFS Wealth Management
There is a vast range of investment options available to investors.
Where do you start?
Do you understand their market performance?
The pros and cons of opting for a particular asset class?
What is your risk appetite?
We can help you construct a personal investment portfolio which suits your current needs and future expectations. However, we strongly recommend that our clients' portfolios are reviewed regularly, to reflect changes in personal circumstances as well as portfolio performance, tax allowances and other factors. We use state-of-the-art analytical packages; have access to high quality industry research, plus our own experience to analyse performance and make recommendations on asset allocation. Ideally this should be done on an annual basis, but can be undertaken more frequently should a client require it.
Client reviews can be undertaken face-to-face, by telephone or online, whatever is most convenient.
CHFS Income Security
* Whilst some income protection products have had a bad press in recent years, protecting your family's living standards should the worst happen, is vitally important. Loss of income due to an accident, illness or even redundancy can quickly result in significant financial problems.
* We are experts in providing life assurance, income protection, private medical cover, long-term care insurance and critical illness cover. These include policies which would pay you an income whilst you are off work; private health plans to give you fast treatment - especially important if you are self employed
* Critical illness cover (even if the condition isn't fatal) can be used to pay down mortgages or other personal debt. However, we always recommend that people seek advice from one of our experts in this field, to ensure that all the terms and conditions, exclusions etc are fully understood.
* Long-term care insurance is often considered as part of our retirement planning, to help you to cover the costs of care in a residential or nursing home or within your own home.
CHFS Corporate Services
Cedar House Financial Services provides a range of financial services to businesses, to help you to manage your company more profitably and productively. These include:
* Group Personal Pensions
* Auto Enrolment
* Life Insurance
* Private Medical Cover
* Succession Planning
* Management briefings on legislative and other changes which impact on your business
CHFS can provide an outsourced management resource, allowing you to concentrate on your business and your clients. Your staff are your most important assets and we can demonstrate to you how employment benefits such as private help cover can improve in staff absence, staff retention, increase staff loyalty - saving you time and money.
We work with a range of businesses, from sole practitioners, to companies with a large employee base.
In this short video you can hear some of our team talking about our approach.
We would like to welcome you to our offices for an confidential chat. We are based on Bramley Parade, with parking except for between 2pm - 3pm, Mondays - Fridays.
If you would to be added to our mailing list to receive regular updates on financial matters, please get in touch. Our clients tell us that we are friendly, helpful and professional, we would welcome the opportunity to demonstrate this to you.
- Street: 179-181 Bramley Road
- Postcode: N14 4XA
- City: London
- Telephone: 020 8366 4400