Angell Learning & Development
I'm Monica Angell, the founder of Angell Learning and Development Ltd and my mission is to set my pupils on the road to academic success, whilst having fun on the journey of learning!
I studied children's behaviour and development at the Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust, which has helped me to understand how my students learn, alongside what may be the hindrance to their academic development. Every child is unique and responds to different learning techniques. From the start, I place great emphasis on utilising a child's learnng style, which is fundamental to improving their grades and ultimately their success in their exams.
Whatever their learning style, children learn best when they are relaxed and enjoying their work. I use Maths & English learning games in some of the lessons to assist them. For those studying for the 11+ exams, specialist Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Spatial Awareness games are utilised to convey the concepts. This brings variety and fun into the sessions and the child embraces the subject more comfortably.
I have over 17 years' experience of tutoring children from the ages of 7 years upwards and Angell Learning & Development Ltd offers 1:1 tuitions. Academic workshops are run during the half-terms and major holidays.
I specialise in 7+ / 10+ / 11+ / 13+ / entrance exams. To date my students have been offered places within the following private / selective schools:
- Haberdasher's Aske's Boys School (Elstree)
- St Albans School for Boys (Elstree)
- Aldenham School (Elstree)
- Highgate School (Highgate)
- Mill Hill School (Mill Hill)
- The Latymer School (Edmonton)
- Chigwell School (Chigwell)
- St Edmund's College (Ware)
- Bancroft's School - (Woodford Green)
- Dame Alice Owen's (Potters Bar)
- St Michael's Catholic School for Girls (Barnet)
- St John's Senior School (Enfield)
- Forest School (Walthamstow)
- John Warner School (Hoddesdon)
- Queen Elizabeth (QE) for Boys (Barnet)
- Haileybury (Hertford)
- Bishop's Stortford College (Bishop's Stortford)
I also specialise in assisting students with learning difficulties (slight autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, ADHD). My experience has been gained through individual work with students or from working at BESD (Behavioural, Emotional, Social Development) schools.
Further tuition is offered in:
- GCSEs - Maths, English Language/Literature, Spanish, French, History, Business Studies
- 'A' levels - English, Spanish, History, Business Studies
- Degree level - History, English, Spanish, Dissertation structuring
I am DBS checked and can provide you with numerous testimonials from the parents of children I have supported.
As well as working with my students one to one, I also hold workshops to ignite a zest for learning!
On my website you will find testimonials from parents, as well as lots of useful information to help your child; games that you can play together; resources that are worth investing in. Not every child has the potential to be the next Einstein but whatever their academic potential all can be helped to embrance a love of learning for life.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your child's path to academic success.
- Telephone: 07956 394739